Wednesday, August 23rd
10am-3pm (Lunch provided)
James Norris Physical Education Center
W Easterday Ave, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
Register for the Sault Saint Marie training is closed.
The Michigan Fitness Foundation invites you to attend a Safe Routes to School (SRTS) regional training! Each training will consist of a series of presentations as some of Michigan’s most innovative SRTS projects share best-practices and success stories, followed by hands-on, sessions designed to help you build or sustain a SRTS project. Breakout session topics include:
- Action planning for success
- Conducting a meaningful walking audit
- Addressing parent fears and safety concerns
- Building stronger student and parent encouragement programs
- Navigating the Michigan Grant System application site
- Sustaining a district-wide SRTS project
- Infrastructure and non-Infrastructure eligibility challenges
If you are an award recipient, principal, school transportation supervisor, planners, and road authorities, or community member, this training is for you. All trainings are FREE, but registration is required as space is limited.