The Michigan Fitness Foundation will be accepting Mini Grant RFPs for the 2019-2020 school year until March 1st at 5:00pm. Any Michigan school or non-profit working with schools whose students are in grades K-8 is eligible to apply for programming funds that support active transportation to and from school. Grants of $5,000 are available per school, and up to $25,000 per district.
Here are some tips when preparing your proposal:
- Work with the district office and principals to get their support and signatures for the application.
- Reach out to stakeholders often involved with SRTS efforts. Their support and ideas may lead to a more robust program for your community.
- As a reoccurring applicant, push the envelope in terms of program reach and kinds of programs offered. Make sure your program is growing and developing in what it offers to students and address their changing needs.
- Work with the school/district’s finance department to review invoice requirements for the contract, prepare the budget with plenty of personnel time for evaluation requirements and general program demands.
- Contact our Program Coordinator Adam Jenks while planning your proposal. He will be able to answer questions and brainstorm ideas with you.