We are dedicated to helping Michigan schools and communities build sustainable Safe Routes to School programs, and offer a series of trainings annually to further the development of your projects. Additionally, we can adapt any training in terms of time or topic for your team.
2020 Basics Trainings
The SRTS Basics Training is a 45-60 minute introductory webinar that will help you understand how Safe Routes to School works in Michigan. The session ends with Q&A, so you will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn from others on the call.
The SRTS Basics training is offered monthly and there is no cost to participate, but registration is required. Check out the upcoming dates to register.
Unable to attend a live Basics Webinar session? Access a recording of the training here.
SRTS Training Videos
Training videos cover the following topics:
- Navigating the Planning Process
- Navigating the Application Process
- Building Sustainable District-Wide SRTS Programs with Policy and Partnerships
- Asset Mapping: From Resources to Volunteers
- Students at the Center: SRTS Youth Engagement and Leadership
- Safe Routes to School for Rural Communities
- Programming Modifications
Have an idea or a request for a session topic? Email our Operations Coordinator, Colleen Synk.