The Mini Grant RFP for the 2022-2023 school year is open. We are accepting applications until 5:00 p.m., Friday, March 4. Schools with students in grades K-8, or affiliated non-profits, are eligible to apply.
Mini Grants support active transportation programs to and from school. Grants awards are available up to $10,000 per school. The maximum award is $100,000 per applicant for 10 or more schools.
Refer to our website for application eligibility and details. Should you have any questions about the RFP or would like to discuss your proposal, we invite you to contact Program Coordinator Adam Jenks.
Mini Grant award notifications are announced in May.
Mini Grant Preparation Tips
- Ensure your district office and finance department are aware of the proposal and the invoice requirements for the contract. Here is a brief tutorial about reporting requirements.
- Factor in personnel costs and time to support program implementation and communication when preparing your budget. $5,000 is available per school for personnel, which cannot be transferred to non-personnel if the applicant determines they do not need said funds or the limit is not reached.
- Reach out to multiple professionals and organizations to form your SRTS committee. By including a variety of voices in your planning process, the required Program Coordinator can be identified and increase the likelihood of a robust program with strong local support.
- Be creative! We are open to innovation and interested in assisting you with coming up with the best practices for your community.
- We recommend all applicants and prospective coordinators read through our guidance on program modifications. Here you will find helpful information on how your programming may need to be adapted depending on changing learning environments.