The Michigan Fitness Foundation Safe Routes to School (SRTS) program is excited to announce this year’s SRTS regional trainings.
These trainings will consist of hands-on sessions designed to help a community build or sustain a SRTS project. Each training will have a guest presenter sharing best practices and success stories from some of Michigan’s most innovative projects. Break out session topics include:
- Walking Audits and Action Planning
- Institutionalizing a SRTS Program
- Engaging and Changing Stakeholder’s Perceptions for SRTS
- Engaging Students through Education and Encouragement Programs
- Navigating the MDOT Grant System
- Volunteer Engagement and Retention
- Strategic Partnerships for Eligible and Ineligible Projects
- Competitive & Comprehensive Bike Infrastructure in SRTS
All trainings are FREE (and include a light meal), but registration is required as space is limited. If you are an award recipient, principal, teacher, school transportation supervisor, city planner, road authority, or community member, this training is for you
If you have questions about our Regional Trainings, contact Colleen Synk.